Welcome to the BreakawayINK Apparel Blog. This site exists in order to keep you updated on where you can pick up a BreakawayINK Apparel and any other related news.
Dont forget to visit the online store.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

12 Beers = Good idea. Following 12 Beers with Four Loko = Bad Idea



You've heard of it, you've seen it, and you may enjoy it. I enjoyed it, just at the wrong time of day.

What is it? It's FOUR LOKO: a now-banned drink in many states which combines alcohol (four shots), caffeine (as much as a cup of coffee) and a bunch of sugar. Sounds amazing right? Well, I'm not going to lie, its quite tasty, and it does the trick. However, when you're out on the biggest drinking day of the year, Thanksgiving Eve, and you're pounding beers with pals at the bar, then you decide to have a Four Loko... well.. your morning is going to suck.

To make a long story short, it went like this:

Football Alumni party... 7 beers. Out to the bars afterward... 5+ beers... Stroll the next bar in town in the freezing cold... the line to get into the bar is down the street and around the corner... skip it. "Let's grab some 12 packs and head back to the house." "OK." - We grab two cases of beer... and (4) Four Loko's. Why? No idea.

Back to the house, hanging, laughing, drinking... Four Loko. Oh, and we're watching CaddyShack in stunning HD the whole time. 3am rolls around... we never even opened the cases of beer... we're about halfway done with the delicious Four Loko and we're amped up, having ridiculous drunken conversations... and next thing I know... it's the Thanksgiving morning, and my head is bumping. We wake up and talk about the night with a bunch of laughter in a hungover stupor and then gather our belongings and minds, sort of, and head out.

My delirious friends drop me off at my car. I hop in, head to the nearest Wawa (convenience store) for a cup of joe to wake up somewhat. Oh, and it's snowing, in eastern Pennsylvania. What the hell?

So, here I am... half asleep, and half drunk still, (thanks to the ol' Four Loko) I pour my coffee, pay for it, then hit the bathroom real quick. I place the coffee on a ledge in the bathroom... and SPLASH! Next thing I know, there's coffee all over the bathroom floor. I cant do anything at this point but laugh while I'm emptying the tank. I pick my cup up off the floor, and walk out of the bathroom. I head over to the coffee station, refill my cup, put a lid on it, and walk out of the store.

I get to my in-laws house, tell them "I'm useless" - eat a piece of toast and sleep for two hours. I wake up to a text message that says "Last night was LOKO." It sure was.

Check out this article as well - Four Loko

No comments:

Post a Comment