Welcome to the BreakawayINK Apparel Blog. This site exists in order to keep you updated on where you can pick up a BreakawayINK Apparel and any other related news.
Dont forget to visit the online store.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thrillist.com - BreakawayINK Press!


Here's how it happened. We were boarding an airport in Philadelphia on Friday en route to Las Vegas for my bachelor party.
My phone buzzes. It's an email.

It's an email from a writer for the nationally-recognized Thrillist.com - if you're not familiar with them, they cover what's hot, new and hip in large cities. So, the email states that they want to write an article about BreakawayINK. I jump at this, just like anybody would. He says he wants this article to run on Monday which is two days and a few hours away.

So, Im sitting in my seat on the plane, and I call the sender of the email... we exchange a few words, a few laughs, we hang up the phone. I forgot a few minor details, so I email him.

Next thing I know... it's Monday, I'm back in Philadelphia after a wacky weekend, and I decide I'm going to check out Thrillist to see if they ran the piece. They did. I read it with a smile on my face, I check the hits to Breakawayink.com... 328 by 11am Monday morning! I've been seeing about 400 per week to the page, but this article sparked 423 hits by the end of the day!

It's now Thursday, and we're sitting at a record-high hits for the week - 659.

Thanks Thrillist! and thank all of you who stopped in to see what all the commotion was about. Only a handful of shirts were sold, but I'm betting it's primarily because of the stock/sizes that I have left... which is very limited. But all still a positive thing! Here's the article. In turn, I sent the writer a free ARMED shirt as he said this was his favorite of the bunch.

Tuesday night... I put in an order for 200 new shirts. Half new designs, half reprints. All sizes. One style is a women's tee, and we also have a women's hooded sweatshirt on the way! So stay tuned because in a few weeks, we're going to have a whole slew of new apparel for the line.

First quarter, 2011... A whole new line for you and yours. OH... and I almost forgot... every shirt is a 60/40 poly/cotton blend, which is actually softer than the original 50/50's you've all been wearing.

Be good and keep checking back. THank you all!

-BreakawayINK Apparel

No comments:

Post a Comment